• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbering for topics

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2006 Apr 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple question. Can anyone tell me how I can set up robohelp to have all of my topics have a page number. I am talking about such as in Microsoft word when you do a term paper you can have the bottom or top of the pages numbered. Is there an easy way to do this rather than putting a number on each of the pages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about in the online help? If so that is not possible, you are dealing with something online rather than printed media. If you were generating webhelp, then the user could get page numbering via their browser but that is their choice and outside your control.

If you are outputting your help in a printed document, then page numbering will be applied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I am talking about that. Well, that's too bad. I just know that it would be easier for me if I could because I've got many pages of topics, and there will be other people who will make changes to it. I was looking for a way of organizing it better, but I needed it to be easy.
Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly will they be changing? They cannot change the source unless they have RoboHelp. What are you giving them to review?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
HI all

For what it's worth, I've not seen this aspect mentioned yet. So here goes.

On-line help is a different animal than printed material. While it may be logical to number pages in a printed document, this numbering won't mean anything in a world where pages can be accessed in any order the user sees fit.

Each page DOES actually have a unique URL. Can't you use this?

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp