• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Templates

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone advise if it is possible to push an .htt onto all topics, rather than having to open each topic - go to properties - and attach the .htt?

None of my topics have previously used a template, but I have recently found how useful they can be and am in the process of implementing a global change which is contained in my template.   TYVM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

yup - you can mass-assign the template. Open the Topic List Pod, and select all the topics you want to attach to one template. Right-click to open the pop-up menu, and select Properties. From there, selecct the template you want to switch all the selected topics to, and click on OK. I believe the template selection is on the General (first) tab - but I don't have RH7 open right now to confirm that.

Some folks have better luck if they click on Apply first, then click on OK. I haven't noticed a dif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RonW63,

Sorry, can't say for RH7 as I don't use it.

In RH8 Master Pages replaced templates. There you can open the Topic List pod, select several topics, right click and select Properties. On the General tab, you can set the Master Page for all the selected topics.

Perhaps something similar is in RH7?

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely spot on!!  thank you!!  you've just brought my project back on schedule

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, glad to help as I've received so much from this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup - you can mass-assign the template. Open the Topic List Pod, and select all the topics you want to attach to one template. Right-click to open the pop-up menu, and select Properties. From there, selecct the template you want to switch all the selected topics to, and click on OK. I believe the template selection is on the General (first) tab - but I don't have RH7 open right now to confirm that.

Some folks have better luck if they click on Apply first, then click on OK. I haven't noticed a difference though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

lmarden wrote:

...Some folks have better luck if they click on Apply first, then click on OK. I haven't noticed a difference though.

Yes, the dear old wasted click. I really wish Apply wasn't there. It's typically a wasted mouse click. Clicking OK is the same as clicking Apply first then clicking OK. Yet I constantly see folks dutifully believing they absolutely must click Apply followed by OK.

As for the Templates and Master Pages, please note that anything in the Body area *WILL NOT* carry over and actually apply to topics when you do that. Many folks want this behavior and are dismayed when it fails to materialize.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp