Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After latest update, Flash crashes PC

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Last week everything was working fine on my PC  (Running Microsoft XP Pro SP3).. Youtube, World Cup Live feeds from CBC.ca, etc.

I was prompted to download the latest flash update, and now anytime I try to run a video in Youtube (or anywhere else) it causes my entire PC to crash.  I have to reboot the entire machine.  On youtube the video will play for a couple of moments, and then the video will lock up but the audio will continue streaming for a couple of moments, then it locks up too.

I initially encountered the issue in both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.  Internet Explorer worked fine. Upon my second attempted download, now even IE has stopped working!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Many users are experiencing the same thing. Some are Uninstalling and going back to the previous version. Others are trying to make some adjustments on the following.

Now the 10.1 has the hardware acceleration feature which many users are turning off (it's ON by default) and finding that this helps. So you may want to try that. Then it is being recommended to update the graphic and video drivers to the latest versions. Those 3 things have helped. This thread has info on the hardware acceleration, a screenshot of the Display Setting and at Post#16 how to do that.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/660726?tstart=0

Firefox has updated their browser to 3.6.6(as of 6/26), have you done that yet? Also do you know if Flash Player was Installed in Firefox/Chrome?

We may need to check your Flash files to see exactly what was Installed.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I uploaded the latest drivers for my graphics card, and that at least caused my entire computer to stop crashing. Now only the flash player would crash and i would get a little graphic in the window that should be showing the video (in all 3 browsers, Chrome, IE and Firefox).

I then right clicked on the window and disabled the acceleration, and THAT seems to work.

Right now I am streaming the Fifa World Cup on cbc.ca with no issues.

Thanks very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well I am very pleased that taking those steps has helped. Several users were having a terrible time streaming from cbc.ca so that is good news.

So many are having the same issues that you were having, that it would be helpful if you marked your thread as answered. Searching "Flash crashes PC" that you have in your subject line with it marked as answered, you will see the view count increase:-) This would mean that many users will be able to follow your solution.

Thanks for your feedback.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching off the hardware acceleration seemed to be the ultimate solution on the Flash Player settings, though i think downloading the latest updates for my graphics card helped, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for marking it answered, great! It seems that the solution is a combination of what you did. It seems that Adobe will be coming out with an update for this, since the hardware acceleration is supposed to work. Most likely some glitch that needs fine tuned. We'll have to wait and see on that.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines