Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all key & subkeywords cross ref'd

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2006 Apr 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Using RHX5, I re-imported an updated Word doc, and unlike its usual obedient indexing self, in which all the entries work great, now all of its index entries are suddenly cross-referenced. Which means that none of them link to text. In the properties boxes, the cross-reference check boxes are checked. The hhk file is the same.

I tried twice. All of the other docs in the file imported and indexed correctly. What happened?

Thank you,
Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2006 Apr 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the problem is limited to a single word document would seem to indicate that the problem is caused by the source file. Have you opened the offending document in Word and checked the index settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

(arrgh, I let my reply time out, so will do it again). Yes, thanks I checked the word doc. The somewhat useful info I found was: right-clicking on an index lets you edit the properties. On the Mark Index Entry screen, three radio buttons provide cross ref choices: a field in which to type "See" text; a "Current Page" box (selected by default); and a "Page Range" box that activates and displays a list of bookmarks. However, this dialog contains the same choices that are in my good-index Word docs, and both are the default choices. The index entry fields don't have any flags set.

Does RH contain cross ref choices anywhere? Are there field codes there?

Thanks,
Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In checking RH again, I find that active x link controls are associated with keywords, creating cross refs. However, these look so far beneath the covers that it's daunting. Is there a simple way I could have messed with these, such as creating an index with active x controls not turned on?

Might it work to simply copy in a good hhk file and reimport the doc?

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp