• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I display every Nth label along some of axis?

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2006 Apr 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use something like SELECT CASE([for instance, ...blabla...)
for getting different types of data for every row depending on some conditions, but it's too intricate.

Could I just display only every Nth label for query data? There is too much of overlapped text I get sometimes (when selecting large time range - I have time along X axis and able to indicate time range).
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on how you're displaying the graph/axis, but something like this might work:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks, but how do I adopt this for using with cfchartseries? It requires indicating itemColumn. And cfloop is not used - it's for cfchartdata...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, I've never actually used the cfchart~ tags, but looking at the docs it's accepting a query, so you could create a copy of the original query, loop through and remove labels, then pass in the new query.

Something like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, it could be a way out, thank you.
I've already used query object, when wanted to "transpose" source query result. So I know, that query object will always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation