• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I apply conditional text to "books"?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2006 Jun 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a help project for software that has three different versions. One version does not include a major feature. Information on this feature is represented in the TOC as a book, with all the topics about the feature underneath the book. Can I tag the book as conditional text so that it will not appear for users who don't have this version of the software? If so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LiseFinn. So long as you apply the conditional text tag to ALL the topics included under the book, the book itself won't appear. Books only appear if there is content to display in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to make sure that the book is not linked to a page!

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Alternatively, duplicate your layout, rename it to "Version X" (where "X" matches the version of the software that does not employ the feature), and remove the book from the TOC for the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp