Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Console" view keeps reopening itself

LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day

I like my text editor environment to be fairly spartan: a file-system listing and a big empty white bit to type code in.  I have every single other view closed unless I need them (and generally I don't, except the search view).

One view I have never had the wont to look at is the "console" view.  I don't care what it has to say, and it's never really been relevant to what I'm doing or remotely interesting, and just wastes space. If I was to have it open, that is.  Which I do not.

However periodically, CFB decides "oh, he won't be able to see this banal and pointless telemetry message unless I reopen the console view, so I'll reopen it".

Can you please not do that?  If a view is closed, it should stay closed until I decide to open it.  That's the whole point of having the capability of opening and closing things.

Cheers.

--

Adam

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also noted that whenever I run an ANT task or a JUnit test, the console decides to reopen.

It is bloody annoying.

I could perhaps understand it opening if something goes wrong, but there's no need if everything ran smoothly.

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation