• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old topic names in Index

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 8.0.2.208 under windows XP, generating CHM, no network.

I created a project 3 years ago under RH5 and re-publish it twice a year, updating as appropriate. A year or so ago I renamed a number of topics to reflect our new naming conventions.

Today I looked in the index pod and saw a number of `old' topic names. I re-generated the CHM and the index there refers to the new names. In the HHK file I see old topic names along with new filenames. For example I renamed "How to Adjust the Widget" into "Adjusting the Widget", changing both the Topic Title and the filename; the HHK entry looks like:

<item name="Widget">
    <section name="How to Adjust the Widget" link="Adjusting_the_Widget.htm">
    </section>

</item>

In RH8 I see an entry to "How to Adjust the Widget", but in the CHM the entry is "Adjusting the Widget". Of course this double-naming makes editing difficult.

Is this a bug? is it already known? and is there a workaround?

--- Derek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek.

This is indeed an old issue that predates RH8 and possibly even RHX5. I will even stick my neck out and say this has nothing to do with RH but in the HTML Help compiler it uses to generate the CHM. Basically when you add a keyword to the index the topic name as it currently exists is added to the .HHK file. If that is subsequently changed, the .HHK is not changed with it. The only workaround is to either manually edit the .HHK file to reference the new topic name or remove the topic from the keyword in the index pane and re-add it.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp