• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a metal effect in illustrator?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I did a logo for a client and it was built in illustrator. I took it to photoshop and put a metal silver effect on it that looked great but I need to do it in illustrator because the client decided they want to use the metal look 100% of the time.

Im not GREAT at illustrator yet... I can get by... so any advice or a link to a great tutorial would be very helpful!

Thank you so much!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assume we’re all from Missouri. Show us. Post a screen shot of the current logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually figured out how to do the effect. But I am doing it on text and what really sets the effect off is the bevel and emboss in photoshop is there anything like that in illustrator? CS3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://layersmagazine.com/brushed-metal-effect-in-adobe-illustrator.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Scott very clear tutorial, excellent!

I know you are or were located in or near Seattle, where you raised there as well?

I am just curious about a very subtle aspect of your speech pattern very that is very engaging!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may live on the west coast.. but I was born and raised somewhere else in the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New York City Perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines