• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Help Please for iPhone App iBooks

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have "borrowed" two books from my local library; they are on my PC in Digital Editions; but, I can't get them to transfer to my iPhone on my iBooks App.  I'm so frustrated, trying to figure out how to get help from anywhere .  Can someone PLEASE help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Public Library books require ADE. Adobe has not provided an App for iOS either on the iPad or the iPhone.

Hopefully they will provide one soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information - I thought that the app iBooks was supposed to be able to get ebooks from ADE though

Thanks,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the total absence of Adobe apps for the iPad, I say there are frictions between the two companies. I do not expect an iPhone/iPad ADE reader soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you download Stanza onto your iPhone, you can go directly to your library website from their shared section. You just type in the web address to the library page and you can download the books to Stanza - which supports ePub format. Good luck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda dense on this stuff, can you please provide more information/steps on doing this?  I've put the app on my iphone and thought I put my web address on the phone under shared; but, we keep searching ....  My library uses "overdrive" to download books, I don't know if this is the problem or what.

Thanks,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I'm kinda a newbie at this stuff, too. Anyway, if you don't have Stanza, it's a free app so download it from the app store. Open the app, click on "shared" at the top of the screen then click on "edit". Click on "add book source" then click on the "web page" button at the bottom of the window, type the descriptive name of your source (e.g. library) then type in the url for the site. It doesn't matter if it's overdrive. Just make sure it's the correct url that takes you to the eBooks portion of your library's web site. Once you've done that, click the "done" and the source will show up as an option. It will take you to the site and you can do things like viewing books, your wish list and all the things you can do on the site where downloading books is concerned. Once you download the book to Stanza, you can read it right in that app. Your other choice would be to add the books (if they're on your computer) to the books folder in your iTunes Library and then when syncing have them added to the iBooks app. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRRHH ... This is so frustrating.  My library says that I can't load straight to my mobile device, I have to load them to my computer and then transfer them.  They are in ADE.  How do I get them from ADE to Itunes to transfer, or how do I transfer the from IDE.

Thanks,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't.   There is currently no iPhone/iPad application that supports ADE books you get from your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines