• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.0.1 install resets workspace and all preferences

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just applied the 4.0.1 update, and loading up FB for the first time shows the default workspace. I'd made a lot of customisations to where panels were, what SDK's were used, what projects were present in the Package Explorer - all of which are now gone.

Why would an update reset everything back to the state the software was in the first time I ran it? Is there any way for me to restore the settings I had prior to the update?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry that your update experience wasn't smoother.

There were a lot of tests run to cover that sort of scenario, so I'm surprised we didn't catch it prior to release. Before the update, were you using the default workspace name/location, or had you switched to an alternate workspace name?

If you were using a custom workspace name, then the solution to recovering your preferences would be to switch back to that alternate workspace again. A lot of the preferences are stored in the workspace, so if the updater switched you back to the default workspace name, that could explain the differences (I hope).

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. I did look in the Workspaces dialog thinking that perhaps my old workspace would be available in there, but it wasn't in the dropdown. I did have my Flex workspace setup in a folder that wasn't the defaul, so once I tracked that down everything was back to how it was prior to the update. Probably need to include this information in a technote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines