Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form Data Integration and Forms

Level 1

Hello,

I was trying to import xml data ( in XDP format ) to a PDF form designed with Adobe LiveCycle ES2 designer using Adobe Form Data Integration services which is available as part of Adobe LiveCycle foundation classes, but for my amazement I was receiving the following error in the server log:

com/adobe/formServer/utils/LogUtils: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/formServer/utils/LogUtils
at com.adobe.formServer.utils.CommonGibsonUtils.PDFDocumentFromDocument(CommonGibsonUtils.java:122)
at com.adobe.livecycle.formdataintegration.server.FormData.importData(FormData.java:64)

etc … etc...

And import was failing!

After endless number of trails, I have installed Adobe LiveCycle Forms, in addition to the already installed Process Management and Reader Extensions services, and only then data has been imported correctly and no error was showing in the log anymore!

But this doesn't make sense, why do I need to have Adobe LiveCycle Forms if I am just importing data using Data Integration services? Can someone explain?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Greetings,

Yasser

4 Replies

Level 3

A while ago we built a sample that would use both Forms and Form data integrator to merge data with a Form. Here it is:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/samples/ServiceUsageSampleFormDataManipulation.html

The error that you report is implying  that there is a class dependency between Form Data Integrator and a package called "com/adobe/formServer/utils" which is not installed (and I agree does sound like the Forms Service).

You should be able to use the Form Data integratiion service to perform basic import/export of xml data from a PDF based form template. I'll try to track down the class dependency you mention.

Gary.

Level 1

Thank you for your reply, Gary.

Please let me know the result of your investigations, I appreciate your effort and hlep.

Greetings,

Yasser

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:07:09 -0600

To: yasser_maree@hotmail.com

Subject: Form Data Integration  and Forms

A while ago we built a sample that would use both Forms and Form data integrator to merge data with a Form. Here it is:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/samples/ServiceUsageSampleFormDataManipulation.html

The error that you report is implying that there is a class dependency between Form Data Integrator and a package called "com/adobe/formServer/utils" which is not installed (and I agree does sound like the Forms Service).

You should be able to use the Form Data integratiion service to perform basic import/export of xml data from a PDF based form template. I'll try to track down the class dependency you mention.

Gary.

>

Level 3

I found out that this problem was a bug (#2504275) in ES2 that has since been fixed in ES2 SP1. If you can apply the service pack that ought to fix your probelm.

Level 1

Hi Gary.

We are currently working on a solution in which we have experienced same error -scenario. We have installed ES2 and Servicepack 2 and a couple of quickfixes, as I understand it, the servicepacks should be cummulative on ES2 ?, but we stille see this error, could I convince you to elaborate a little on this issue please.

Thx..

Jens Ulrik Pedersen