• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 - re-recording

Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

does anybody know where the re-recording freature is in Captivate 5?

I can't find it.

Thanks a lot.

Patrick

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not 100% certain on this but I believe it may have not survived the trip into the wacky wonderful world that is Captivate 5.

As I recall it only ever applied to recording while using Microsoft Internet Explorer. So it may have seen such a low usage as to warrant not including in version 5.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Patrick,

Adobe Captivate 5 does not have re-recording. However, we are evaluating re-recording for our future releases. It would be really helpful if you could elaborate on your requirement for re-recording. That would really help us.

Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish,

From my POV in order for this to be worth considering in a future version you would really need to make sure it supports Firefox as well as IE 8 and above.

In addition, we should also be able to re-record from any program not just a web-based application.

Best regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish,

what a pity. I hoped for a really powerful re-recording option 😉

This function would be in two cases helpful for me.

I produce a lot of tutorials for MS Office 2003, 2007 and 2010. Some steps are in all versions of Office the same. So it would be great, if Captivate could automatically click at exact the same positions and does the same keystrokes, which were made in a previous recording. The ability to rerecord drag and drop actions would be a highlight. At the German IT-Exhibition “Cebit” – I saw an eLearning-software called “Datango”, that covered these functionality despite of the drag and drop actions.

Another field for using the rerecording function is the production of multilanguage eLearning content. Actually I have a customer, who needs tutorials for Office 2010 in the German, English, Russian and Spanish version. The rerecording as described would do a lot of the job.

As I now know, that Captivate 5 can’t actually help me with that, I will look for an additional external tool that does the batch job.

Regards,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Patrick,

If you are really passionate about re-recording then please file an enhancement request

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the external tool WinAutomation http://www.winautomation.com/ to rerecord some steps. It worked together with captivate without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources