Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hyperlink in a Form to external spreadsheet

Level 2

Hello,

I need some help trying to link an excel page to a livecycle form.  I would like to know how to add a hyperlink or a button so that when pressed, it would direct the user to that spreadsheet of information.  Once there,  if the user is done looking at the text, he can then click on the hyperlink or button to be redirected back to the original form.

Thanks

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I do not think you will be able to launch a file that is on your local machine but if the file is on a web server then you could use the app.launchURL("Place URL here", boolean). The boolean indicates whether to create a new browser window or use the same one. If you use a new browser window then the user would have to close it to come back or simply switch windows.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Ah ok,

What if the other file is located within a portfolio that has both the original file and the file with references.

Would that act as a bridge so that the link from file to file would be possible?

Former Community Member

If it is in a portfolio then there should be options in the UI to load the file. Plus switching back and forth is much easier.

Paul