• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's This? tool in RH 8

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am researching new ways of presenting context sensitive help, instead of opening a topic from the full help. Cannot find info about What's this?

I want to know what the output looks like. Is it in a 'bubble', does it appear when you hover over a field in the product, or must you click a link?

Has anyone had success using this tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I remember seeing threads that dismissed this method as not very useable anymore. Do a search for "what's this?" & check out what threads you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought i heard that too.

I used that exact phrase, plus others, in a search - to no avail. That's why I hoped that someone on the forum may be able to shed some light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sue

If you want to see "What's this" help in actual use, hopefully you have Windows XP. I don't think I've seen any What's this since migrating to Windows 7. Not sure about Vista. Anyhoo, if you have XP, just open Microsoft Paint. (Click Start > Run > Type MSPAINT into the Run dialog and press Enter).

From paint, click File > Save As and you should see a dialog similar to below. See the Question Mark in the upper right coner? Click it and the cursor changes.

tmp1.PNG

Click the item you want information on and if it's available, a description will be presented.

tmp2.png

Hopefully this helps with providing what you were looking for.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp