• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with footers and print script in IE8. oh the pain.

Participant ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8 HTML.

Hi all,

So this is basically the strangest thing I've ever seen.

WebHelp project.

Theres a few things going on here.

First, I have a print script running, similar to the one on Peters site which expand drop-down hotspots before printing a topic. works fine.

I also have a footer on all topics, it works and functions across all browsers - the script was taken from http://www.cssstickyfooter.com/

With these 2 things combined I'm having an issue. It may be something not related to the above, and instead to publishing options, im not sure.

I click the Print button, the dropdowns expand, but the footer gets stuck, and doesnt move to the bottom of the page, it basically ghosts over the content.

This is only happening in IE8. and ONLY when viewed either locally or on a webserver, HOWEVER if I upload the exact same generated webhelp to our fileserver, it works perfectly. and thats why its so strange, I could imagine something not working lcoally, but to break on a webserver, then work on a file server.....well thats just confusing as hell.

I thought that might be something to do with the options when generating but i went through a few combinations and nothing changed it.

thanks for any tips,

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scripts can conflict with one starting before another has finished. Sounds like it is time to be nice to a developer. Sorry to inflict that on you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp