• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly.

Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when i download an Ebook from a retailer i get the following error

error.png

Why is this error caused and how can i get around it??

I have spoken to the retailer and they said the ebook is working correctly at their end and that it must be a problem with my ADE???

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone offer some help or advice on this please?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solution of this, if yes please share it.

Regards,

Mangal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Still no solution as yet, please let me know if you have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me when the ebook (epub) download didn't complete properly (I was able to determine later that the file with "minor errors" was 3 MB too small, which is not a minor error!). Attempting to re-download it on the same computer (multiple times) didn't work because ADE had cached the corrupted copy somewhere I couldn't clear out.

I fixed this by installing Digital Editions on a different computer and then re-doing the ebook download process from scratch from the ebook retailer's website. This second proper download worked fine (as opposed to ADE's "I'll just resurrect the busted cache copy, I'm sure that'll be fine" approach).

I got my first computer to recognise the healthy epub by copying the file into the My Digital Editions folder (overwriting the busted one), then going "Add to Library" from ADE and selecting it.

I understand that some ebook online retailers only let you download the actual ebook once (as opposed to the ascm file) so this simple "try it again on another computer" approach wouldn't always work.

Maybe one day Adobe will tweak ADE so this doesn't happen again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the answer, but I have been searching for info and found no helpful info, so I thought this might help others searching.

All epubs on my desktop version of ADE 1.7.2.1131 will display this error ('The document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly' in the Item info panel), but only after the document window has been resized at least once.

These are both epubs that I have downloaded from various sources and epubs that I have created myself. There doesn't seem to be any display error and I can't find any information on why this error is displayed.

In addition, these epubs validate on the epub checker and the error appears even if there are no pseudo elements ( a suggestion I found elsewhere). Maybe this is ADE's problem and not with the ebpubs at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE has some known issues with certain types of text features. The FAQ page

has comments on them.

============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening Internet Explorer and go to tools, delete the temp Internet files as well as the locally cached Internet pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same symptoms pulling a book from my public library. The answer I got back from them came from Overdrive support and worked except I now have 2 copies of the book in my library in ADE.

Here's what Overdrive had to say:

We are sorry your patron is having this issue. However, when we attempted to duplicate the error, we were able to download this title. Please ask the patron to take the following steps to resolve this error and download a fresh copy of the title:

1. Delete the title from Adobe Digital Editions and close the application.

2. Do a search on the computer and delete any instance of the title. Check Documents | My Digital Editions.

3. Delete the contents of both the "tasks" and "failed" folders located in the folder: Documents | My Digital Editions | restore

4. Clear the web browser cache and any temporary internet files. Consult the web browser's help files for instructions for that specific browser. (This step is extremely important.)

5. Close and reopen the browser.

6. Download the title again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll keep a copy of the instructions in case it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines