Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links to Glossary

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all,

We have created a glossary for the an onlne help and we are wondering if it is possible to create links on the topics to that glossary.

For instance,a word included in the glossary to show a link to it...

Let me know if i did not explain myself well.

Appreciate your help in advance!

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ideosnf and welcome to the RH forums.

Assuming you are using the RoboHelp HTML application you can run the Glossary Hotspot Wizzard. This has its critics but creates expanding text inside your topics for glossary definitions inside your project. You can read about it here. If you decide to use it, I'd make a copy of your project before running it as going backwards having run it can be awfully messy

You don't say what your output type is but you should bear in mind that if creating a CHM file you'll need to install and register the HHACTIVEX.DLL file on each end user PC for the glossary to appear and work correctly. Most PCs probably already have this file.

The RoboColum(n)

@robocolumn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp