• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robo x5 search feature only returns Word docs, not html

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently run across a situation when regardless of phrase/keyword that is keyed in the search box in RoboHelp x5, it appears it's only searching MS Word docs.   No references to the HTML topics are returned.  Nothing has changed regarding the replication method using WebHelp Pro.  Any idaes on why system looks only for word docs?   I do not have access to RoboEngine to review behind teh scenes.  thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fear that without access to the RoboEngine server you'll be a bit lost. Anyway to be able to help further it would be useful to know what version of RoboEngine you are using. Also has this just started happening? Is it just on one project? Was that project republished before the issue started? We haven't got much to go on here.

The RoboColum(n)

@robocolumn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of. Let me see who I can connect with internally about the servers....what's interesting is that I publish to two sites; one is DEV and the other PRODUCTION. The DEV site pulls up the searches just fine, but the Production site just gives us word doc relevance.

It has just started happening (within this week). I publish to both sites concurrently so other than the usual fields marked for generating the primary layout, nothing has been changed.

I would like to reserve the opportunity to come back you with any new information/updates I have. Yes?

- Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By all means post back with any findings. I'd get your people to check that there are the same files in your production site as there are on your development site for starters.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp