• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 update 4.0.1 broke flash builder...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I updated to the latest Flash Builder 4 build this morning, 4.0.1 (build 277662) and when I launched flash builder I'm greated with the following message in the package explorer:

Could not create the view: Plug-in "com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor" was unable to instantiate class "com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.packageexplorer.FlexPackageExplorer".

I've rebooted my machine to see if that helped and it did nothing.  I am running Mac OS 10.6.4

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  After updating I get the exact same message.  I'm running on Win7, so I don't think it's an OS thing.

By any chance are you using Teamprise for source control managment inside FlashBuilder 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using Teamprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Looks like Teamprise is the culprit.  I uninstalled Teamprise and the package explorer loads successfully.  I don't know about you, but this represents a serious problem for me and my dev team. I hope it gets addressed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same discussion is going on here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2941203 and a bug report can be found here http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently, Microsoft acquired Teamprise. I tried deleting all 'features' and 'plugins' related to Teamprise in Eclipse to no avail. I finally just removed FlashBuilder 4 and re-installed. The new download from Adobe installed 4.01. I then installed The new "Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer Everywhere 2010" Eclipse plug-in. You can get it here and the install guide is here.

Free upgrades will be available for qualifying existing Teamprise customers. I am currently running "Trial" version" until I figure out licensing. Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines