• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Frustrated with ADE

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I are new users of ebook readers - hers a Sony PRS 300 and mine an iPad. In anticipation of being able to use these to read our library books and purchased books we each downloaded ADE to our desktops (PCs) and were asked to authorize and register them which we dutifully did. Unfortunately we each authorized under our own names/email accounts and now find we are unable to share our books across our readers, as we legitimately should be, because ADE refuses to accept more than one user and we have been unable to de-register either account so we can share a single ID. The Adobe help line basically told me that until I buy a new PC I will forever be stuck with this problem - very unsatisfactory since there was no warning of this when we tried to be good citizens and registered! Is this the final answer or is there a solution besides buying a new PC? Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Can you see ADE ebooks on your iPad? If yes, with what app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated too! If I purchase a paper book, I can photocopy it at will, share it with whomever I want, resell it, etc. Not so with ebooks.

The purpose of all this DRM stuff is to avoid ebook theft. Well, I say it works very well, the ebooks are nice and safe on the vendor's servers, with no ugly little customers to contend with

Adobe, call me when you are ready to recognize my rights as a customer and to allow me to do with my ebooks what I can do with my paper books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I can understand the necessity of rest

ricting abuse of copyrights and the possibility for abuse in ebook formats I am angry that our rights as legitimate paying customers are being restricted in a very high-handed fashion by companies selling the books and companies like Adobe who have provided no warning and no solution for clamping restrictions on us!

I have to wonder if there are legal ramifications of such abuse of our rights and of essentially locking a piece of software such as ADE onto our PCs without proper warnings and recourse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I can say is that I asked a refund from ebooks.com and they answered saying they will refund me (when?). As for Adobe, I can uninstall their free software, that's all.

Manny in Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see ADE ebooks on your iPad? If yes, with what app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As yet there is no iPad app for ADE

. It is my impression that Adobe is in the process of developing one possi

bly for August release.

I base my impression on research I did into

the subject a couple of weeks ago but I'm not certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the total absence of Adobe apps for the iPhone & iPad, I agree with those that say there is bad blood between these two companies. I will not wait for them and I will not purchase ADE ebooks for now. There are plenty of other ebook vendors for the iPad, like Amazon, Kobo, iBooks, and they all have iPad apps. I hear that Borders is also coming but I have not seen the app yet.

Manny in Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines