• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shrinking pics to fit

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this might be a bit off-topic for this forum, in which case please give me some clues where better to ask ...

In our latest docs I'm having to shrink many screenshots. What methodology will give the best results?

I'm capturing the screenshots using Alt+PrtScn then pasting into MS Paint. I'm saving the image unchanged as a BMP, which I import into RH-HTML X5 and resize there by dragging the corners. Is there a better approach which will preserve definition more?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006
Perfectly valid question.

For RH HTML you don't really want to be thinking BMP. JPGs and GIFs are better suited.

Click here for a topic with information on resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfectly valid question.

For RH HTML you don't really want to be thinking BMP. JPGs and GIFs are better suited.

Click here for a topic with information on resizing.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm working at Home I use FireWorks to scale images.

At work, where I'm limited to free programs, I use GIMP.

Also on the topic of free programs, the following are also really helpful:
Textpad -- Great Text Editor, way better than Notepad or Wordpad
ColorPic -- Great for finding out what color a particular logo is so you can duplicate the color code in your HTML or CSS
FireFox -- Even though I develop for IE, I use FireFox when programming JavaScript for the HTML validation and JavaScript console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yes, seconding Textpad and Firefox! Both are great -- I've even paid for TextPad!
The Gimp is a bit beyond me, but Paint.NET is a great free graphics tool that's both easy to use and powerful (layers and all).
Thanks for the ColorPic suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp