• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects appearing at beginning of slides

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure someone has posted about this before, but I can't find it...

When recording from a web browser (IE8 in my case), often, an action you take with your mouse at the end of a slide will actually appear at the beginning of that slide.  For example, if my slide starts with about 20 seconds of audio, and then for the last 5 seconds I'm moving my mouse and clicking on something (for example: an image link)...the alt text will actually appear at the beginning of the slide in playback.  This is very frustrating.  Obviously, it doesn't make sense to the viewer to see an alt tag for an image that won't be clicked on for another 15 seconds.  This is just one example...it occurs for all types of roll-over type actions with your mouse.  Is there anyway to prevent this or solve this problem?   I'm using Captivate 5.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered the same problem. In captivate 4 there was a setting to turn this behavior off, but I cannot find this setting in captivate 5.

This is the screenshot of the German version of Captivate 4 (I don't know the exact translation of the English version - maybe something like "record temporary screenshot").

Unbenannt.JPG

Does anybody know, where we can find this option in Captivate 5? This is really really important. A very work intensive workaround is, to make manual screenshots.

Regards

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe the English equivalent of that is "Capture Interim Screenshot" in version 4 as shown below:

tmp1.PNG

I don't believe this option exists in Captivate 5. If you would like to see it reinstated, please consider advising Adobe by completing a Wish Form/Bug Report. (Link to do that is in my sig line)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The option "Capture Interim Screenshot" has been removed in Adobe Captivate 5. Reason being the issue for which this option was the cure no more exists in Captivate 5 ....

The behavior what we are discussing in this thread is the new recording behavior in Adobe Captivate 5. You could do one of the following to avoid the inconvenience that you are facing:

1. During recording, try to avoid mouse rollover actions that do not open any menus. Key thing to note here is that - Automatic Recording does not capture the mouse rollover.

2. Say if you have already recorded and now don't wanna re-record all over again. You can replace the slide's background with the background of the slide before this slide.

3. This one is my favorite - Suppose i wanna show something that involves mouse hover and consequent screen change. I would switch to FMR mode using the hotkey - Ctrl/Cmd + F9 to record that. When I am done, I would switch back to Automatic mode using the hotkey - Ctrl/Cmd + F10.

Hope this information helps you.....Do let me know what do you think about it...

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/Captivate

help us make Adobe Captivate better. In Adobe Captivate 5, go to Help ->Adobe Product Improvement Program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your tips to avoid the problem.

You say, that Automatic Recording does not capture the mouse rollover. But that is exactly what my Captivate 5 does.

I prepared a small demo. As you can see at http://www.laventis.de/demo/demo.htm the symbol-buttons in the ribbon menu are highlighted before the mouse-click. This is because my Captivate captures the mouse-rollover. It is less irritating if the symbol is highlighted after the mouse-click.

I captured the same with Captivate 4 and "Capture Interim Screenshot" turned off.

http://www.laventis.de/demo4/demo4.htm This is what I need 😞 .

1. Your first suggestion was to avoid the mouse rollover. Is there any way to avoid the rollover in the menues of Windows or MS Office?

2. I have not allready recorded my content. I'm just preparing. Changing the background-images for thousands of clicks doesn’t seem to be a best practice workflow 😉

3. Thanks for this really good tip. Unluckily it is not exactly the solution, which I need.

As an interim solution I capture with Captivate 4 and do the postproduction in Captivate 5.

Are there any other suggestions?

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame that they removed that option from Captivate 5.  That makes the product worse, not better.  I think I'll just uninstall 5

and install 4.  The web site that I need to make a demo for has many flash roll-over effects which I want to show, and they keep appearing at the wrong times in playback.  Way too much work to try to edit it so that everything appears in synch with the mouse clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my opinion too.

In my workflow for demos I capture the actions in the webbrowser and at the same time I record the audio with my explanations.

During postproduction I have a look with the preview and audio, video and mouse cursor actions are not syncron, so I have to syncronize after recording and it took hours.

If I activate "comments" under "audiooptions2 in the "record settings2 of CP5 I cannot activate "actions in realtime". Does anybody know why?

I think CP5 is in an early beta state on OSX, cannot say anything about the windows version, but I will wait a while till Adobe brings an update.

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ishan.anders,

"If I activate "comments" under "audiooptions2 in the "record settings2 of CP5 I cannot activate "actions in realtime". Does anybody know why? "

Whenever you select an audio option in the audio dropdown => Recording is by-itself in real time mode. Therefore, 'actions in realtime' option gets de-activated.

Once you select, 'No Narration' in the Audio dropdown (in the recording dialog), 'Actions in realtime' option would get enabled.

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan,

"In my workflow for demos I capture the actions in the webbrowser and at the same time I record the audio with my explanations.

During postproduction I have a look with the preview and audio, video and mouse cursor actions are not syncron, so I have to syncronize after recording and it took hours. "

It would be really nice if you could share your projects, both before production and post production. This would help us understand the issue, if any. You could send your project at maanand <at the rate of> adobe <dot> com

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manisch,

I have an example for you, but the filesize is 20 MB and to large for my E-Mail Server. Do you have a public FTP Server, where I can upload the project?

Best

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan,

You can upload the file on acrobat.com and share the link.

-Manish

Blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having the exact same problem with CP5. I'm building assessments for Word 2003. Unfortunately, the automatic record mode is capturing a undesired roll over action which in this case is highlight that appears when the mouse pointer hovers over a button on the toolbar. Therefore the user already knows where to click.  I have to capture the screen a manually.  This is quite a pain.  CP4, did not have this problem, due to the Capture Interim Screen featureBelow, is a descripton of the feature.

Select this option when you do not want the focus to be set till the user performs the specified action. This option is especially useful in the assessment mode when you do not want the focus to automatically shift to the next area of action.The change in focus provides the user with the hint to perform the next action.

This is the exact problem that I'm having with CP5.  Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, anything new on this?  I just recorded a demo of a web site.  And it's full of alt text and other hover-overs which actually precede the action that I take with my mouse that should result in those alt texts and hover-overs.  This behavior just looks weird.  I can't believe they would have removed the option that solves this problem from Captivate 5. I'm using automatic recording mode, because I want the mouse movements to be nice and fluid.  Am I just stuck with this weird behavior if I insist on using automatic recording mode? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is most annoying when you are working with drop-down menus.  The selection you eventually make is highlighted as soon as the menu is expanded.  It is very distracting when viewing a demo and like others have mentioned, it essentially gives the user the answer in an assessment.

Toggling back and forth between automatic and full motion recording is a fine workaround for a demo, but it's useless for an assessment.

This really does need to be fixed - it has made the product useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Please download the latest patch from here

Follow these steps:

1. Install the patch.

2. Open the file capturePatch.ini in the Adobe Captivate installation folder. For example, C: \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5(on Windows) or /Applications/Adobe Captivate 5 (on MAC).

3. Change the value of Use Mouse Move Snapshot to 1: Use Mouse Move Snapshot = 1

4. Save the file.

Note: If you experience problems on Windows 7 or Vista in saving the changes to the file, copy the capturePatch.ini file to the desktop, make the changes, and then replace the earlier file in the Adobe Captivate installation folder. You can roll back the behavior to that of Adobe Captivate 5 at any point in time by changing the value of Use Mouse Move Snapshot to 0.

This patch should fix this problem.

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources