Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Prevent digital signature from print

Level 3

Hi - I have created a digital signature in Livecycle with a collection for locking down elements, and all works fine. However, I do NOT want the signature to print - I am only using this as a quick method of lock-down. I have set the presence to Visible(screen only) but this has no effect - it still comes out on the print. Any ideas on how to prevent the digital signature from printing?

9 Replies

Former Community Member

The signature is not really an XFA object so I do not think that the presence will work for that. How about of you put a white rectangle on top of th esignature and make it visible in prePrint then make it invisible in postPrint. I have not tried this but logically it shoudl work.

Paul

Level 3

Thanks Paul - I'll give it a try.

Regards

Rob

Level 3

Thanks Paul - I simply took the watermark that was designed to appear in print only, resized it, took out the image and made it solid white - and bingo - job done. Thanks for the nudge.

Level 2

Have you tried a certification signature?  There are options with that signature type to lock down elements and actions as well as to make the signature 'invisible.'

Level 3

Hi - can you be more specific? The signature I am using is simply the one found in the objects panel - and I found nothing to configure the visibility. I am happy with the solution I have at the moment, but I would be interested in an all-in-one solution.

Level 2

After you've completed the form/document, you can certify it directly in Acrobat.  Go to Advanced->Sign&Certify->Certify without Visible Signature.

This will also allow you to configure allowable actions.

Level 3

That is fine for me, but my users will only have Reader. Are you saying that if I Reader Enable with digital signatures, then my users will be able to do this as well?

Regards

Rob

Level 2

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Are you signing/certifying the form so that

others can't alter it, or are you asking your users to sign the form so that

their entries will not be altered?

John B. Harris, CISSP

Product Manager, Electronic Signatures & Security Alliances

Adobe Systems

Reply-To: "clearspace-706057396-429657-2-2966849@mail.forums.adobe.com"

<clearspace-706057396-429657-2-2966849@mail.forums.adobe.com>

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:51:17 -0700

To: John Harris <jbharris@adobe.com>

Subject: Prevent digital signature from print

That is fine for me, but my users will only have Reader. Are you saying that

if I Reader Enable with digital signatures, then my users will be able to do

this as well?

Regards

Rob

>

Level 3

I am asking the users to sign the form - optional.

Regards

Rob