• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFTAG to invoke an application on the Users Client Machine

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to invoke a scanner from within my Coldfusion application. If the scanner is TWAIN or WAI compatible, there is a dynamic link library in the Clients Windows directory that will allow me to communicate with the scanner. Is there a CF Tag available that will allow me to invoke that DDL or an executable available from TWAIN.org, or has anyone every do this tha has code available.

I am looking at Document Scanners not barcode.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot "invoke" any code on client's machine (every hacker's dream). However, you do not need to. Your application should work in the opposite way: scan the document at client location and post the image to the server using HTTP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. What you bring up is an important issue, and it is a backup alternative for you users. This web application is not an application that accessible to the General Internet Public. It runs behind a corporate firewall and the process is part of a recieving process flow. Authority to run this process is allowed by a minimum of 2-3 people per warehouse. The User have indicated they wanted the process to be integrated with the application flow. This posting is to see whether or not ColdFusion can support that flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In any case it must be an application on the client side that scans and posts image to the server. You can load the application from the server, like ActiveX control, but essentially, it doesn't make any difference whether it is pre-installed on the client or loaded from the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation