Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFB in Eclipse Helios

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone is using the CFB plugin in Helios. Any problems? Does it even work in Helios?

Also, are there advantages/disadvantages to using the plugin version instead of the stand alone version?

Thanks,

DougS

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been for about a week or so now and have not noticed any issues (using Flash Builder plugin as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started with a new dev box and decided to go with Helios with the Builder plugin.

I can't seem to get syntax highlighting or my servers working.

On my previous box with Galileo this worked fine.  What's the best way to track down the issues I'm having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2010 Nov 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you launch the builder with a clean option and after starting builder the start page should be shown. Now you should be able to setup servers and work with your projects.

Thanks,

Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running with the -clean option didn't seem to yield different results.

I also posted with to a seperate form where the user was recieving the same symptoms as I was with the same enviornment.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3254477#3254477

The plugin appears to be there and the CF Builder landing page shows up fine.  Seems the server manager and syntax highlighting may be the same issues.  I can configure servers, see the status of stopped or running servers and send the command, but it doesn't execute.  Syntax highlighting also works for one file opened in my workspace upon opening eclipse, but not any of the files you open there after.

Based on the information about eclipse plugins here: http://eclipse.dzone.com/articles/eclipse-plugin-installation  I tried all of the tricks he mentioned, uninstalling, moving around outside of Program Files multiple times and disabling UAC, but still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case of ColdFusion Builder plug-in installation on Eclipse, when  you uninstall ColdFusion Builder and reinstall plug-ins into a different  directory than the initial install directory, then you may not see the  ColdFusion Builder perspective leading to the issues that you are mentioning.

Please try the following:

Remove the file named ‘cfbuilder.link’ from the eclipse_home\dropins  directory by backing it up at some other location. Now launch the  eclipse (This clear-off the eclipse cache).Now put back the  cfbuilder.link file into the dropins directory and relaunch Eclipse to see  the ColdFusion perspective.

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit I feel a bit silly, I was trying to install Builder (32 bit) on a 64 bit version of eclipse... the weird thing is for all intents & purposes, it appears to install correctly, just has some weird errors.

I submitted the following to hopefully help prevent users from making this mistake issue in the future:

http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=85056

Thanks for the help,

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as some others. I can't get syntax highlighting to work and I can't run update or register since upgrading to Helios.

I've made sure that I'm running the 32 bit version on OSX, uninstalled, reinstalled used the -clean option and move the cfbuilder.link file out and back in. None of that works.

If I switch back to Galileo and re-install the CFBuilder plugin things work fine.

I'm not sure what the deal is.

Has anyone else on a Mac run into this and been able to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helios Eclipse you have is Carbon Eclipse or Cocoa Eclipse?

Only Carbon Eclipse 32 bit is supported. Do you want to check this once?

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out Krishna.

I hadn't even noticed that I downloaded the 32 bit Cocoa version. Looks like there are some issues with the Carbon versions of helios. They only offer Cocoa versions of the current Stable Release.

I'm going to revert back to Eclipse 3.5 for now until they can resolve issues in the Carbon versions of 3.6.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the main download page it is not there but it is there at the following URL in eclipse site:

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6.1-201009090800/index.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see that version, but I use the JEE version because I run CF on JBoss inside of Eclipse. They don't seem to have the 32 bit Carbon JEE version yet, unless I'm missing it.

I found some older Release Candidates but when I downloaded and tried to run it was producing errors and after looking around it looks like they had some issues with that version.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. You will not get Caron Eclipse anymore if you want that as JEE. For your case 3.5 carbon is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation