• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issue with Mark of the Web, PDFs, and merged WebHelp

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't locate the definitive answer.

I am using RH8 and have a merged WebHelp system containing a parent projects and 10 or so child projects.  Previously, when I generated the WebHelp projects, I selected the Mark of the Web check box for the parent and all the children. Everything seemed to work fine.

Now, I've been asked to create a new child project with links to a large number of PDF files. After reviewing the documents on this forum, I realized I needed to (1) unselect Mark of the Web to see the PDFs in the generated output and (2) change my IE settings to Allow Active Content to Run from Files on PC. Unfortunately, while I can now see PDFs just fine, my merged help is no longer working correctly--the link from the parent topic to a project generated w/o Mark of the Web no longer works. That is:

If Mark of Web selected:

PDFs don't work

merged help does

If Mark of Web not selected:

PDFs work

merged help does not

How can I make everything work?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you testing locally?

Have you tried after publishing to the server? If not do so as that will likely make the difference.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's working now. Turns out I hadn't regenerated all of the projects and the parent after unselecting Mark of the Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp