Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Populate main text field using Check Box, Radio Button, List menu and other text fields

Level 1

I need to create a form that is going to contain some text fields, check boxes, radio buttons and also a possibility of list menus with ability to multi select elements from it. I would like to have all the information displayed on one "main" text field at the botton of the form separated by commas and one space (eg. name, last, school, etc ). Can someone please help me or even let me know if it is even possible.

Sincerely,

Alex

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Yes it is possible .....do you want the information to appear as you are filling the fields or do you want it as a single operation at the completion of the form? Usually the user clicks a button (submit, email, complete or something like that) to indicate that they are finished filling the form. We coudl put the code on that operation.

It might be easier for you to email me the form and I will add the code for the 1st few fields (to give you the idea) then you coudl complete it.

You can send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com ....please include a description of what you want to do in the email.

Paul

Level 2

could you please post some information on the forums about how this problem was solved. It sounds similiar to mine

I have about 45 text fields that can optionally be filled out by the user. Each one only allows a single character and should auto tab to the next one as the user goes along.

As each one is filled out, they appear in another box at the bottom of the form creating one long string.

I have gotten this to work with this.rawValue = a.rawValue + b.rawValue + etc

The problem with the above code, is that the larger field calculates as you go along the form. I have nulls showing up since the fields are not filled untill later.

Former Community Member

Could you wrap it in an "if"?

if (a.rawValue != null) then this.rawValue = this.rawValue + a.rawValue;

if (b.rawValue != null) then this.rawValue = this.rawValue + b.rawValue;

If it were an array you could use looping.