• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page Saving problem

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Master Pages in my help file. I also like to automatically save documents on closing. If a master page is being used, I get an additional dialog box to click each time I close a document asking if I want to save changes to the master page. Normally, what I do changes nothing on the master page, but I have to click this dang dialog box anyway. And since I haven't made any changes to the Master Page, the message in the dialog box is very confusing. Is there any way to get rid of this PITA query?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 8 Master Page is what I have found out is make your master page up

breadcrumb

header graphics if you have any

Body

footer graphics

Now open the Topic List window and see which pages have the master page linked to them and make sure everything is ok. Next if you edit any page that has the master page linked try not to edit the area that is linked to the master page. If you do the you will get the request to apply to all or just that page and if you just that page it will break the link to the master page. It sound like you have something linked to the master page on one of your pages and RoboHelp thinks you want to change the master. You can break the link to all the pages under the Topic List window and then reapply the master to the pages you want and you can do more than one page at a time with the shift or ctl key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, most of the time this message pops up when I have done nothing except open and close a Text-only popup in my topic that is nowhere near the footer. Since I removed the link to our website from the footer, this problem has gone away. Sadly, I would like to have the link, but nothing seems to make it work properly.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margaret

Margaret Becker wrote:

...Since I removed the link to our website from the footer, this problem has gone away...

You  might want to try creating a variable to store the URL. Then insert the  variable into the footer. Configure the variable to link to the site.

Cheers...  Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem turned out to be caused by the fact that I had a date field in the master page footer with just the year. Even though it only showed the year, the field was updated each time and therefore prompted the need to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp