• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohook.wll and Word 2007

Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is RoboHook.wll necessary for Word 2007? Is RoboHook.wll necessary for RoboHelp 8 HTML or is it a leftover from earlier versions of RoboHelp?

I am using RoboHelp 8 HTML to generate WebHelp.

My Word 2007 documents (totally unrelated to my RoboHelp projects) have a global template called RoboHook.wll. My Word documents change the style formatting of my co-worker's documents when I open them.  My employees do not have and do not need RoboHelp.

If I were to remove RoboHook.wll, will it cause issues with RoboHelp 8 HTML?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we strip your post to the core, you are saying

My Word documents change the style  formatting of my co-worker's documents when I open them.

How would your documents affect any document sent by someone else?

That sounds more like your co-workers have sent a document based on Normal and you have Automatically Update Styles ticked on your PC, therefore it is applying your Normal styles. Could that be the case?

I have never seen anyone find that RoboHelp.wll causes any problems with documents not related to RoboHelp.

Even if my suggestion is wrong, my thinking is this is an entirely Word related issue.

I can try to find out what it does but that might take a few days. I would explore other avenues first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

We are updating everyone to Word 2007. We have narrowed it down to my environment.

I still wonder if RoboHook.wll is necessary for RoboHelp8 HTML. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

I'll check back on Monday!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure without making enquiries, you could always deselect it in Templates and Add Ins and see if it changes anything. My money is on it not having any impact on the problem you are trying to resolve.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We upgraded everyone to Office 2007 and the issue has been resolved. RoboHook is still around, but since the issue is resolved, this case is closed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp