• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to 4.0.1 changes license from Premium to Standard

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a volume licensed version of Flash Builder 4 part of the CS5 Web Premium suite.  After updating to Flash Builder 4.0.1, it now loads as Flash Builder Standard.  Is that just the title that is showing incorrectly on the start screen and about page, or have I somehow magically been downgraded from Premium to Standard?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's magic. Lucky guy. Actually, I went through this a bit. You can tell if it's really premium if you can use the profiler or flexunit perspective, I believe. Anyway, it took me a couple tries so that I had to uninstall cs4, reinstall flex premium, then reinstall cs5 making sure that it 'recognized' that flex was already installed, as it should indicate that before you install cs5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm definitely downgraded to standard.  When I go to Flex Unit it tells me I need a Premium license.

So far this has happened on 2 computers.  One (win XP sp3) with Flash Builder pre-installed and then CS 5 installed and one (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) with no Abode products installed until all of CS 5 was installed.  It can`t just be you and I who have experienced this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind.  I just checked the CS5 Web Premium site and it says it comes with Flash Builder Standard (not Premium)...Odd how it opened as the Premium version prior to the 4.0.1 upgrade though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. That's why we had to install FB premium first so it won't install the standard version during the cs5 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines