• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The powerpoint import in Captivate 5 cannot be normally processed

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Captivate 5 with Adobe elearing Suite 2, Since I've already installed Adobe CS5 Master Collection, The installation only added Captivate 5 in my computer(for I use office 2010, which version of office has no compatibility with Presenter 7, so it hadn't been installed), but when I choose import from powerpoint in the welcome interface of Cp 5 and then I choose a ppt or pptx file which I wanna import, when it began to import, it was extremely slow, even "No Responding"! It showed no difference with .ppt or .pptx files. In other words, it cannot import any slides now! How do I slove this problem?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just tried this using Adobe Captivate 5 and PowerPoint 2010 and I didn't experience any issues. Can you please check to make sure that you are running Adobe Captivate 5 as an Administrator and if that doesn't fix the issue then please report the problem to the Captivate team using the web address I have included below.

It would also be very helpful if you could let us know how you get on.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5

Best regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For importing *.ppt files Captivate does not require any powerpoint installation. So ppt import should have worked properly.
BTW how big is the ppt file which you are trying to import (number of slides and the file size).
Can you check in the TaskManager if AdobeCaptivate.exe is consuming some cpu (because if the ppt file is complex then the conversion takes some time) or is it just hung when you say its not responding.
Could you try with a smaller ppt in administrator mode also.

Regards
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you advise, but I've tried small(less than 10 slides included)-sized ppt and pptx files, it still slow, even it cannot import a single slide! I've checked my task manager, the AdobeCaptivate.exe consume 300~400M of my RAM! and >50% of my CPU. I've formally used Captivate 4, it had no problem with importing the slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long did you wait for the import process to finish before terminating it (I guess thats what you would be doing to stop AdobeCaptivate when its not responding). Are you not even getting the pptimport dialog (the one which shows thumbnails of your slides and lets you select which slides to import) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there:

Sorry for not online for long, I've captured some images of the processing state of Adobe Captivate 5:

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Capture5.jpg

the "parsing" step was sometimes processed fast and sometimes extremely slow, and the "import" step never processed fast except that the ppt file had only 1 slide. It often took up 50% of my CPU and ~400M of my RAM. This remained when uninstalled and reinstalled the application as part of eLearning Suite 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Is it possible to share the PPT with us? Please send it to viswanat@adobe.com , would like try here and investigate.

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2010 Oct 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exaclty the same problem. It's impossible to import pptx or ppt files in Captivate 5. I tried with ppt or pptx files recorded with Powerpoint 2003 and 2010

I tried too with a large file presentation and with a very small one (2 slides), but the issue still appears !

Thanks in advanced for your help.

F.SIGOREL from France.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would it possible for you to Share the .ppt or.pptx file with me, so that we can investigate the issue on our end; please mail it to nsukumar@adobe.com

Please provide the following additional information along with the .ppt File.

Is it happening on MAC or in Windows? Which version of power point is installed on the machine?  The '.ppt' is created out of which version of PowerPoint?

-nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I work with a pptx file, created with Powerpoint 2010 (Windows 7)

I solved my problem with these actions :

- I had Powerpoint 2003 and 2010 installed on  my PC, I desinstalled 2003. After that, the import process started... but stopped before the end, "file corrupted"

- I saw that the import stopped always at the same slide. I deleted one image (which was a logo ) on this slide, and the importation succeed !

[ email signature removed - see http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sigorel,

It seems like there is some problem while importing that specific Image. Would it possible for you to share the .ppt file with Logo(Image) with us so that we can investigate the issue in our end?

-nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues with ppt files and pptx files. I am using ppt 2007 on XP pro. My issues are intermittent and it doesn't seem to matter how big or small the presentation is. It seems as though there is something in individual slides that is causing the problem. On a 94 slide presentatation I used a divide and conquer approach. I tried importing the entire presentation and CP5 stopped responding, 50 slides same, 40 same, 30 success! Tried importing slide 31 alone and it failed. I created a new blank slide in ppt and copied individual slide elements to the new slide then deleted the old slide and was sucessful with the import of the recreated slide. I then repeated the process with the remaining slides and did the new slide creation bit with 10 more slides before I had all 94 in CP5.

The odd thing is that the slides that cause problems usually don't have anything special in them. I have had text only slides cause the problem and had slides with graphics word art and special text formatting import fine from the same presentation.

I am working with proprietary corporate training so I can't send samples. I am hoping someone can figure this out because we have 100's of ppt training files we would like to use with CP5 but it took me 5 hours to get 94 slides imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having problems importing PPT 2010 into Captivate 5. On the first attempt, it imported the PPT files with about 13 errors. It could not read shadowed text correctly. The size of the imported file doubled!

Since that attempt, Captivate 5 will not import PPT 2010 files at all. I receive the following error message: Cannot import the selected file. Refer to the documentation to ensure that you have installed the correct version of Microsoft Office. I have even uninstalled/reinstalled PPT 2010 (rebooting twice of course).

On an other site related to Adobe TV the statement is made that importing of PPT 2010 files has not been properly tested. If this is the case, why is adobe advertising that Captivate is PPT 2010 compatible?
In response to my feed back I received the following email: "A moderator has removed your comment to http://tv.adobe.com/watch/rich-media-in-technical-documentation/adobe-captivate-and-adobe-presenter-...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the same issue this morning.  Would import up till slide 5 then crash with the same steps in the screen shots above.    Presentation was made in PPT 2010.  Found if I removed slide 6, it would import just fine.  Nothing is very complicated about the slide.  2 small jpg images.  Underlined txt, some shadowed arrows.   Had to import without slide, then edit presentation from within Captivate 5 - rebuild slide from scratch and then save.  Seemed to work, but a laborious workaround.

MRC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried importing a power point presentation in MS Power Point 2010 into ADobe Captivate 5 and I get no sound. Does anyone know what to do about this?  or have any advice as to how I can fix it. I'm trying to save as an swf file in Adobe Captivate. The tech guy at Adobe told me it's a problem with power point 2010, so then I saved the presentation as a 97-2003 version. Then imported that. Then what happened was it speeded up all the voices so all the voices on the slides sounded fast and high pitched. So that's not going to work either. Right now, I see the only solution is to delete MS Office 2010 off of my computer and  go backt o using Power Point 2007. But I hate to do that because there are features in Power Point 2010 that 2007 does not have.  Anybody have any solutions?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources