Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ORM CFC Wizard shows up blank

Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying out the ORM CFC Wizard from a table in my RDS Dataview. When I do this I get the option to select where I want the CFC created and the checkbox to create the CFC in script.

Once I click OK, the next screen is blank.

I've searched through the forums and found some suggestions of turning off debugging and renaming all references to "Framework" to "framework".

I've made sure debugging is turned off and went through and made sure all references to "Framework" are all lowercase with no luck.

Has anyone been able to fix this issue with success?

I'm running CF 9 on JBOSS 5.2 on OS X 10.6.3 if that helps any. RDS works fine as I can see my datasources.

One thing I noticed, if I refresh the ORM Wizard screen it does generate a premature end of file error on the XML. But this error doesn't happen on the first try.

Thanks,

Ben

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you ever resolve this issue...I am having the same problem.

Mac OS X 10.6

Coldfusion builder 1 with update 1

When I right-click "Reload" I get a big dump:

coldfusion.xml.XmlProcessException: An error occured while Parsing an XML document. at coldfusion.xml.XmlProcessor.parse(XmlProcessor.java:183) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._Xml(Cast.java:1345) at coldfusion.tagext.validation.CFTypeValidatorFactory$CFXMLValidator.validate(CFTypeValidatorFactory.java:425) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.validateValueType(UDFMethod.java:182) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod._validateArg(UDFMethod.java:1072) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod._validateArg(UDFMethod.java:1089) at cfRequestProcessor2ecfc1904329852$funcPARSEREQUEST.runFunction(/Library/WebServer/Documents/Adobe CFC Generator/handlers/framework/RequestProcessor.cfc:14) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472) at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368) at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:517) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:495) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:354) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2301) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.InvokeTag.doEndTag(InvokeTag.java:375) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2723) at cfORMManager2ecfc1990215907$funcLOADTABLES.runFunction(/Library/WebServer/Documents/Adobe CFC Generator/handlers/framework/ORMManager.cfc:265) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368) at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:517) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:495) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:354) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2301) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.InvokeTag.doEndTag(InvokeTag.java:382) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2723) at cflayoutpage2ecfm1151129293.runPage(/Library/WebServer/Documents/Adobe CFC Generator/handlers/layoutpage.cfm:37) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:231) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:416) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2722) at cfApplication2ecfc1209604170$funcONREQUEST.runFunction(/Library/WebServer/Documents/Adobe CFC Generator/handlers/Application.cfc:84) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368) at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:490) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:336) at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.invoke(AppEventInvoker.java:88) at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.onRequest(AppEventInvoker.java:280) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:338) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:87) at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:27) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:53) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101) at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106) at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42) at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286) at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543) at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266) at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on CF Builder as a plugin to Flash Builder 4.

Running standalone CF Builder, it works fine.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

I get the prompt to select a location and if I want a script-based cfc... after that, it's blank. If I right-click and reload the content, I get this:

http://screencast.com/t/okhY2hjbS9

This is on a standalone CF Builder install on Mac OS. I've tried an uninstall and reinstall, all without luck.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly, it works for me within Flash Builder 4 after I installed ColdFusion Builder as a plugin, but still won't work in CF Builder.

I'm giving up on ORM for now anyway, it's been a pain to use it for all but the simplest things, and there's so little documentation available that it seems hopeless for now.  I spent hours trying to get a create operation to work with an identity column in Sql Server, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I too experienced the blank ORM generator UI on my Mac, but there was an easy fix for me.

In ColdFusion Builder

• Goto preferences->ColdFusion->Extensions.
  • Check the option to use Mozilla as browser for extensions.

After doing this I was able to create ORM cfc files as expected.

Hope that helps.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks for pointing that out! In my case, it was by UNchecking "use mozilla" that did the trick, and showed me why it was working in FB and not CFB.

Thanks again,

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation