Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search is taking 15 minutes to compile in RH8

Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are upgrading to RH8 and in testing I'm finding that its taking 20-25 minutes to compile a project (1800 topics) of which 99% of that is for "Full Text Search".  Do we have something set up wrong?  This is running on the C drive, 70 seconds to process 1800 topics and 1153 seconds (19 minutes!) for Full Text Search.  That seems very wrong.  Playing with the check boxes for search doesn't seem to change this.  I have 8.02 installed.  Webhelp is the output (NOT Webhelp Pro).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri.

I'd suggest that there are so many factors that could affect how quickly a project compiles that it would be hard to say whether there is anyhting you can do about this. Of course if we had more detail about your project, maybe someone could help.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, thanks for the reply.  Turns out other project compile quickly so you're right...there is 'something' in here that I need to find and correct.  Thanks for chiming in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri

Do you have loads of files in Baggage? If so, I'm thinking that may be one of the issues. I believe RoboHelp 8 now is able to search the content of Baggage Files such as Word and PDF documents.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick!

We have baggage files in the project,  but not a huge amount.  And RH8 only searches/finds baggage files if you have the server piece (Webhelp Pro)...unfortunately.

we'll get there,....slowly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri

No, I believe this is a change. An enhancement with RoboHelp 8. No "Pro" nonsense needed. Search now includes content that was previously only searchable if you had RoboHelp Server.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be great!  The documentation  for 8 says you need Pro...and I'm not getting baggage files in my search results...so I'm not sure this is really the case.  But I would love it to be true!!!  does it work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick...that was amazing!  I replied to your personal email address..but not sure I still have it right.  Anyway, very, very helpful!

I guess my problem was that I was searching on the TITLE of the baggage file instead of in its content, and with baggage files you have to make sure the properties are right so now its working fine.  THANK YOU!

My search screen set up is different than yours...and that's a little confusing.  I too have 8.02 but when I compile Webhelp, and move to the 2nd screen my screen is different.  You had 3 sections...I have just 2:

Rick.png

Why are our screens different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Teri

Looks like you are using Traditional Style with no skin. If you choose a skin you should see that your dialogs look like mine.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within moments from now - $24.95!

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp