• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL+SHIFT+B = CRASH!

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the CTRL+B shortcut for bold text quite often. Unfortunately, if I accidentally touch the SHIFT key at the same time, RH crashes. I tried using the toolbars instead, but I find it impractical when typing lots of text.

Is there a way to change shortcuts so I can bold with something other than CTRL+B?

Thanks!
Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006
Also you can use a program like Macro Express to create your shortcut keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. I've been looking for one for a long time so that I can program my favorite hot-keys, too.

Sorry,
Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any way to set up or change the shortcut keys used in RoboHELP. The more common ones that are available in Word will also work in RoboHELP but it would be nice to add shortcut keys to your own styles or as you suggest, change existing ones as required.
Maybe it's something that's been tabled as a nice enhancement for the next release.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

What version of RH are you using?

Rick

Wasn't there a version a few years back that had a key combination where a few folks found that it crashed RH? Can't remember if there was a fix other than not using it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge

We downloaded AutoHotkey (freeware) and were able to create a new keyboard shortcut for Bold. My problem is solved!!!
I'll probably use this application to add other custom elements to RH.

Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see, Rick hasn't come in on this thread!

The reference to Rick in one post was mine as I thought he might know something about the problem. The fact that he hasn't responded means this was not the magic key combination I was thinking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Sorry for not responding earlier on this. I do remember there indeed WAS some "keystroke combination of death" that caused a crash. Unfortunately, I don't recall what it was.

I was out most of the day yesterday. Took my mother for a colonoscopy, which ate up most of my day.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry. I was confused.
I'll blame it on the fact that it's my first post.
My thanks to you then, Peter.
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your replies.

Hi Rick.

I'm using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.1

I haven't found anything about the dreaded CTRL+SHIFT+B combination of doom anywhere, but if there's a cure for it, that would be great!

I'll ask my IT guys about Macro Express.

Thanks!
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp