• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH inserts manual line breaks

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH inserts a manual line break in paragraphs tagged with a bulleted list style, which is visible only when viewing the topic on the True Code tab. This has not caused a problem previously, but in testing our application in the Firefox v. 1.5 browser, we've run into a snag. We are using automated testing (Selenium), which recognizes the line break in Firefox 1.5 and therefore fails the tests of hyperlinks contained in bulleted lists when one of these manual line breaks has been inserted within the hyperlink text. Selenium ignores the line breaks in IE and previous versions of Firefox.

Is there a way that I can prevent RH from inserting these manual line breaks when composing in the WYSIWYG tab? Thanks very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours!

I just created a bulleted list using the default css and this is the code RH creates.

<ul style="list-style: disc;"
type=disc>

<li class=kadov-p><p>text</p></li>

</ul>

Not a <br> to be seen.

First see what you get in a new project using the default css. Second create a new topic in your main project and apply the default css. Is the problem still there?

Now show me yours, how is RH writing the code for you?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the welcome and the help, Peter!

I may have mispoke when I called it a "manual line break," because I have not seen a <br> in any of the code, it just manifests as a line break. I followed both of your steps using the default css and for short bullets with no hyperlink involved, I get the same results you did. However, even with the default css, RH usually inserts a line break if the bulleted paragraph includes a hyperlink and more than one word. I've copied examples below.

Another possible clue is that when I delete the line return on the true code tab, return to the WYSIWYG tab and then regenerate the help, the line returns reappear in the htm output file and the Selenium tests fail. However, when I delete the line return on the true code tab and regenerate the help without returning to the WYSIWYG tab, the returns do not reappear and the Selenium tests pass.

Using default css without hyperlinks:

type=disc>

<li class=kadov-p><p>Reference Material ID</p></li>

<li class=kadov-p><p>Reference Material Description</p></li>

<li class=kadov-p><p>Reference Material Category</p></li>

<li class=kadov-p><p>Pre-tested Material Stock</p></li>
</ul>

Using default css with hyperlinks:

type=disc>

<li class=kadov-p><p><a href="Glossary.htm#Reference_Material_ID">Reference
Material ID</a></p></li>

<li class=kadov-p><p><a href="Glossary.htm#Reference_Material_Description">Reference
Material Description</a></p></li>

<li class=kadov-p><p><a href="Glossary.htm#Reference_Material_Category">Reference
Material Category</a></p></li>

<li class=kadov-p><p><a href="Glossary.htm#Pre_tested_Material_Stock">Pre-tested
Material Stock</a></p></li>
</ul>

And this is the code I get using my custom stylesheet and hyperlinks:

<ul>

<li class=kadov-p-CBulletedList><p class=BulletedList><a href="Glossary.htm#Reference_Material_ID">Reference
Material ID</a></p></li>

<li class=kadov-p-CBulletedList><p class=BulletedList><a href="Glossary.htm#Reference_Material_Description">Reference
Material Description</a></p></li>

<li class=kadov-p-CBulletedList><p class=BulletedList><a href="Glossary.htm#Reference_Material_Category">Reference
Material Category</a></p></li>

<li class=kadov-p-CBulletedList><p class=BulletedList><a href="Glossary.htm#Pre_tested_Material_Stock">Pre-tested
Material Stock</a></p></li>
</ul>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Sharon

I inserted the two lists based on default.css and they look absolutely fine. There is no point in me adding the third list without the style sheet as the list is based on a class.

Perhaps you could email me the style sheet and some screen shots that illustrate the problem?

Click my user name to email

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp