Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE and ACSM files on e-readers??

Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, can anyone shed some light on the subject of converting ACSM file types for use in an e-reader that supports Epub, PDF, txt, html, fb2, palmdoc, tcr, rtf, oeb, open reader, Non DRM'ed mobipocket. For some reason ADE isnt acknowledging the connection of the E-reader.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First  .acsm files are like claim check tickets that allow you to use ADE to get the actual book which is either an .epub or .pdf file.    After you have the .epub or .pdf file you don't need the .acsm file anymore, and it is the the .epub or .pdf file you want to transfer around.

Second, you didn't specify the name of the of the reading device.  There is an incomplete list of readers that support Adobe eBook DRM (using Adobe Content Server 4) available at: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/devices/  If you device is not on that list, and the device manufacturer does not claim to support Adobe DRM, then you will not be able to read books fulfilled through Adobe Content Server 4 on that device (ie where you get an .acsm file first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Thankyou for your reply,

How do I get hold of the Epub/PDF file so that i can put it onto my E reader? As I can only find the .ACSM file on my computer

The reader is a GHT branded item model CD706A

Thanks

Regards

chris

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:06:32 -0600

To: chrisjdean@hotmail.com

Subject: ADE and  ACSM files on e-readers??

First .acsm files are like claim check tickets that allow you to use ADE to get the actual book which is either an .epub or .pdf file. After you have the .epub or .pdf file you don't need the .acsm file anymore, and it is the the .epub or .pdf file you want to transfer around.

Second, you didn't specify the name of the of the reading device. There is an incomplete list of readers that support Adobe eBook DRM (using Adobe Content Server 4) available at: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/devices/ If you device is not on that list, and the device manufacturer does not claim to support Adobe DRM, then you will not be able to read books fulfilled through Adobe Content Server 4 on that device (ie where you get an .acsm file first).

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files will normally be in the the My Document folder under My Digital Edtions ( Document and Digital Editions folder on the mac).

Inside of ADE you can select a book and press Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) - i to bring up the "More Info" dialog which will display the full path to the file.

However it won't do you much good for you reader - I'm pretty sure that Sungale is not one of the Adobe licensees, and that the Sungale CD706A does not support Adobe DRM protected books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

Once again thankyou for your quick response WRT my questions.

Thanks

Regards

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:55:42 -0600

To: chrisjdean@hotmail.com

Subject: ADE and  ACSM files on e-readers??

The files will normally be in the the My Document folder under My Digital Edtions ( Document and Digital Editions folder on the mac).

Inside of ADE you can select a book and press Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) - i to bring up the "More Info" dialog which will display the full path to the file.

However it won't do you much good for you reader - I'm pretty sure that Sungale is not one of the Adobe licensees, and that the Sungale CD706A does not support Adobe DRM protected books.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines