Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with Adobe form

Former Community Member

I have created a form in LiveCycle Design ES.  Everytime we have a new staff member,  I want to be able to open the form, add text to the fields, and then email the completed form to staff member.  This is all good.

My issue is that I do not want the staff member to be able to edit the form once they have received the file.  How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Michelle

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I assume it is just the fields that you are adding that you want to lock down right? How many of these fields

are there?

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Yes, I'm just tryng to lock down the fields - there are ten fields.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Michelle

Former Community Member

I have a script that will go through each object on the form and lock it down. This might be overkill for what you are trying to do (as there are only 10 fields). You coudl add a command to lock each of the fields (10 statements) or I woud suggest wrapping  all 10 fields in a subform then lock the subform.

I have included a sample to give you the idea.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul

Thanks for your suggestion.  I need to tell you that I'm just learning how to use Adove Livecycle, and I'm not very technical!

I don't want to have to go to each field and lock and unlock it every time I want to add data to a field because I do this regularly.  And I don't want the staff member that I send the form to when I've completed it, to see any "Unlock/lock field" buttons.

Have I missed the point, or am I asking too much?

Thanks,

Michelle

Former Community Member

The Lock/Unlock buttons are there to show how the code works....they also provide an event that tells the program that you are ready to lock th efields down (the clicking of the button). In much the same way your users need to indicate that they are finished and that they want to lock down the fields. Mormally a submit button or a complete button is what is used to indicate that the user is finished.

So in summary if this is the avenue you take the submit button would be the indication that the user is finished and that the form can be locked and mailed or submitted or saved or whatever it is you want to do to it.

Hope that helps

Paul