Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when Importing a slide

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Captivate 4 - When importing a slide from one project to another, importing stops in the middle and an error message pops up "Adobe Captivate have encounter a problem and needs to close".   Could it be because the project has been published?  Please advise.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do not think it it due to publishing. Instead of trying to import (suspect something got corrupt in first file), could you try to copy and paste from the first to the second file?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to copy the first project into the second project and received the same message.

Thanks

Carmen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you copy all the slides at once? I would try to go slowly: copy/paste a few slides at once. If my intuition is correct, this could help to detect the corrupt slides/objects.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried copying each slide one by one and received the same message? Does this mean the original project is corrupt and need to be re-create? I also tried to publish the project. Publish is complete but it does not allow you to click on the view output tab to view the project. A folder is created, however, when you open the folder to click on the htm link the folder is blank. What could have caused this?

Thanks

Carmen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an additional space at the end of the title that did not allow the project to publish. Publishing the project is taken care of.

Do need your assistance with the importing issue. As mentioned previously, tried copying one slide at a time and still get the same error message.

Thanks

Carmen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So even if you copy one slide, you get the error message? Then I do not see another solution, could only try myself if this is possible? Could you give me access to the file, p.e. by posting it on acrobat.com and sending me the link (eventually by private message if you do not want to do it in a public posting)? If I could copy/paste to a new project (not at all sure, beware)?

Do you have the same issue with other CP-files or only with this one?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The link is saved to an internal server and I do not think you will be able to open. I will check to see how I can forward to you, however, do you have a private email address that I can use vs. acrobat.com as I do not have this software.

Thanks

Carmen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Acrobat.com is a free service from Adobe, where you can store up to 5GB. You just type in the URL (acrobat.com), log in with your Adobe ID (the same you use for these forums) and can start putting files on it. You can share the file (it is in the right-click menu) and send the link to someone. I'll send you a private message with my e-mail address.

Here you can find some information about acrobat.com: http://www.adobe.com/acom/usewith/

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I missed placed your private message, may I ask you to please resend.  I am having challenges importing a slide from one project to another.  Would like to forward the file to see if you can detect the issue.

Thanks

Carmen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Serious issues with Adobe Captivate 4.  Unable to import, add new slide to a project, copy a slide, system crashes.  Created new project and when I tried to record a new slide I receive the following message:

"Another session of Adobe Captivate is currently recording.  Please close the other session of Adobe Captivate before trying to record."

Do not have any other projects opened.  Removed the software and downloaded again.  Continue to receive the same message as well as the system crashes when importing.   Please advise how this can be fixed.

Thanks

Carmen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources