• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verity <cfsearch> returns "collection does not exist" error - when collection does exist

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a collection using the Coldfusion Administrator - and it shows up fine when displaying all the collections. I also populated the collection using the <cfindex> function - using a SQL query - and that appeared to work fine. It put 117 entries into the collection - and this also shows up in the Coldfusion Administrator collections window.

The problem is, when I try to search the collection with the <cfsearch> tag, it returns an error stating "The collection you specified does not exists or is not registered with the ColdFusion Search Service."

I can see the collection I'm trying to search exists. Is there anything else I need to do to get the <cfsearch> function to find the collection? I've tried repairing the collection, optimizing the collection, even deleting it and recreating it - nothing seems to work. I specify the fully-qualified path to the collection in my cfsearch, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Is there some other command or function I need to run?

Thanks!!! Pamela
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006
quote:

I specify the fully-qualified path to the collection in my cfsearch

Not sure if that is the problem. The path exists in the CFAdmin. You sould refer to the collection name in the cfsearch tag.

See attached code, you can do a cfdump to see what results are being returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

I specify the fully-qualified path to the collection in my cfsearch

Not sure if that is the problem. The path exists in the CFAdmin. You sould refer to the collection name in the cfsearch tag.

See attached code, you can do a cfdump to see what results are being returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, cfelf! That actually was the problem. When I removed the path and left only the collection name on the <cfsearch>, the application worked.

Thanks again, Pamela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation