• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video only plays for a few seconds, no sound, ALL BROWSERS

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having that notorious problem that seems to originate from sometime in 2008. I found no recent reference to it, but that's irrelevant.

I have no sound in youtube/megavideo/any flash, and the video will only play for 2-3 seconds. This is the same for IE, and Opera.

Uninstalling via Adobes uninstallation tool and then reinstalling has not fixed this issue. I do not have Realplayer on this system, that I am aware. I am outof ideas. I am using Windows XP SP3, if any other information is relevant I'll post it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is your system a 64bit? What version of IE are you using? What Flash Player version is Installed?

Test at this Adobe site with each browser:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Is there any animation when you go to the site? And what version for each browser is reported?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 10.1.53.64. Internet explorer version is the latest, as is Mozilla Firefox and Opera. They all keep themselves up to date. All plugins for the browsers are also this version. Yes, the animation plays when I go to that site. The issue seems to be specifically for large video sharing websites like Megavideo and Youtube. I am using 32 bit XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the info. Have you tried turning off the hardware acceleration? Also  updating the graphic and video drivers has also been recommended. You can go to the test site and right click on the Flash animation and bring up Display Settings and UN check it there.

There was another thread that had some issue similar, I'll see if I can find it. Another thing to check is Windows Audio under Services to make sure it is started and isn't stopped if you haven't checked that.

Try that and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touching hardware acceleration doesn't help, and my drivers are all up to date. Windows Audio is listed as working under services.msc.

Restarting my computer fixes the issue for an hour or so. This seems wholely dependent on time to break again, as I can't tie flash breaking in with any other process (I've let the computer sit with no programs running and it will still bork eventually). The first thing to break is usually the audio, the "2 second video" bit comes a short while later.

Even stranger is that certain megavideo videos will play (but with no sound), while others will do the "2 second video" part. This is varying wildly, as certain straight-up flash embeds will play for exactly 10 seconds before stopping. This is becoming a more serious issue as I can't even use last.fm now, being they have those stupid interstitial flash-based adverts that freeze the window.

Regardless, restarting isn't a solution, just a fluke. I can't/won't restart my computer every hour just to watch flash video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, well it sounds like something is certainly conflicting but exactly what can't be determined at this point. Confirming that you have the correct Flash Player files Installed would be the first thing to check. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed. NPSWF file(s) will need a right click and then click on Properties to obtain the version number(s).

Using IE, check in all add ons for Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control..Flash10h.ocx. It should be listed that way and Enabled. It may include the vs # 10.1.53.64.

Using FF, check for the SWF vs 10.1.53.64 plug-in and it should be listed that way and Enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines