• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program shuts down frequently

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been cooking right along in Captivate, and making some really cool things.  Unfortunatly, I seem to have recently developed a glitch I cannot get rid of.  I attempt to copy a slide, import a slide, copy and paste significant portions of a slide to a new slide, etc., and Captivate gives me the "sorry for the inconvenience, but the program must shut down" window.

I have tried other files than what I was working in.  I have re-booted.  I have uninstalled and re-installed a new instance of the program.  I am at a loss.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anthony,

It would seem that your Captivate file might have become corrupted. In this first instance (if you are using Adobe Captivate 4 or later), I would look for the .bak file which Adobe Captivate automatically creates. Make a copy this file and remove the .bak file suffix. Next, try opening the backup file and see if that makes any difference.

If not then instead of trying to import your slides, I would suggest you carry out the following steps:

1. Open your original Adobe Captivate file
  2. Load another instance of Adobe Captivate
  3. Create a new blank project at the same size as your original and save it
  4. Switch back to your original file, select all the slides and then copy al of these
  5. Switch to your new file and paste them.

If all goes well you should then be able to save the new project file. However, if Adobe Captivate crashes this will tell you that there is a corrupted Slide / Object in your original project file. If that is the case then you should do the following:

1. Open your original and new created Adobe Captivate files; the new file should still consist of one blank slide.
  2. Switch to the original file and start copying a small number of slides (maybe 10)
  3. Switch to the newly file and paste these in.
  4. Save the newly created file

Now you should keep copying and pasting the slides from the original file. At some point you might find that one of the slides won't paste or that it might appear as a blank slide. Now you can either try to re-create that slide or switch back to the original file and try and work out which Slide in the last group of slides you copied where the corruption might of occured.

Let us know how you get on

Best regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources