Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Flash Builder problems tab (warnings and errors) in english

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my Flash Builder installation is showing the warnings and errors in Finnish. I get the idea behind this and the reason is good, as I'm native speaker of the language. Nevertheless it has some drawbacks when trying to resolve the issue by googling the error because Finnish is pretty marginal language and almost every Finnish Flex developer writes his/her posts in English. So either I have to try to guess the problems correct translation in English, which can be hopeless, or try to google it in Finnish which, as said, returns about zero results.

That said, I'm wondering if it's possible to change the warnings and problems in English? Do I need to reinstall Flash Builder to accomplish this?

Best regards,

Jukka Hämäläinen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, you need to change In FlashBuilder.ini file the language locale  from fi_FI to en_EN

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/448441

http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_Switching_languages_in_Flash_Builder-14746.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for fast reply.

Unfortunately I already tried that with no success. The strange thing is, that in my Flash Builder plugin directory in eclipse.ini the language was already declared as follows:

-nl

en_US

Didn't even touch that, it was there before and still my errors and warnings were (and still stay) in Finnish (everything else in Eclipse is in English).

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jukka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change FlashBuilder.ini if you are on standalone and try:

Window -> Perspectives -> Reset Perpective.

If that doesn't work, try switching to a new workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines