Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Trouble printing a Livecycle Form in Acrobat or Reader

Level 2

I've created a form in Livecycle 8.0 which I intend to have users fill in in Acrobat or Reader.  When I try to print the form in Acrobat, either to a printer or to PDF, it simply prints a blank document. I've got Acrobat Professional 8.1.2 but I've also tried to do this in Acrobat Standard v8 and had exactly the same problem.

I'm fairly new to Livecycle, and I've run through the tutorials and noticed that the forms I produced in them all seem to print fine, so I assume the problem lies with some setting I've used to create this other forms, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It looks like it is a bug in version 8.x of Reader. Still looking into it though. Can you print other PDFs or is this the only one that causes trouble?

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

If you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I can have a look to see what is happening.

Paul

Former Community Member

Bad news it worked just fine for me ......I opened your form in Acrobat and hit the File/Print option and it printed just fine.

Are you doing something differently?

Paul

Level 2

That's very strange. I've sent it to 3 colleagues here. Everyone who opened it in Acrobat (version 8.1 and 8.1.2) were unable to print, while the person who only had Reader could print. What version of Acrobat do you have? Could it be a problem with 8.1?

Level 2

That's very strange. I've sent it to 3 colleagues here.  Everyone who opened it in Acrobat (version 8.1 and 8.1.2) were unable to print, while the person who only had Reader could print.  What version of Acrobat do you have? Could it be a problem with 8.1? 

Former Community Member

I am using 9.3 of Acrobat and it works ...I do have an 8.2 Reader and I am getting the blank page as well. This is the 1st time I see this one ...very strange. It certainly looks like a Reader 8 issue. Let me do a little digging and get back to you.

Paul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It looks like it is a bug in version 8.x of Reader. Still looking into it though. Can you print other PDFs or is this the only one that causes trouble?

Paul

Level 2

Looks like it was a setting under Master Pages that was causing the problem. Thanks for helping.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----