Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to change Complete button's caption?

Level 10

Is there any way to change the caption of Complete button? (which appears at the bottom right corner of the workspace)

Please advise!

Thanks,

Nith

9 Replies

Level 3

You can enter an Action Name on the 'User Actions' property sheet for the User Service in the process.

Former Community Member

I always give the route leaving the User Task a name different than "route1"

Level 10

Hi Rookie,

I need this to be changed at the very first step (when a user opens the form to initiate a process). Is that possible?

Nith

Level 10

I dont understand what you are talking.

In ES2, I remember only User Action can change this caption. (Or you may refer the older version of LiveCycle)

The Users Action panel is available only for User Activity. However, the Workspace startpoint doesn't have such an option to configure.

What to do?

Nith

Level 3

Sorry I thought you were talking about the User Service.

The startpoint does not have this feature.  You cannot change the Complete button on the Workspace startpoint.

You will notice that the Workspace startpoint only ever has one route coming out of it and, therefore, one action.

It would be nice to be able to change the name of that action but currently you cannot.

You may be able to customize Workspace to change this but I'm not aware of how to do that.

Level 10

You will have to customize Workspace to change the caption.

If you want to change the "Complete" caption all over the place, then it should be just a matter of changing the string resource file and recompile.

If you want to change it only for the initial step, it may be a bit more tricky.

Jasmin

Level 2

Jasmin, I'm trying to do this, too.  I would like the process initiator to be able to choose from multiple user actions and have multiple routes.  Is there really no way to do this without introducing an additional step?  Are there any best practices in this area that you could recommend? 

Thanks!

Toby

Level 10

You might need to create a custom approval container.

Nith