• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Index tab in generated Help

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a really simple question so I apologize if I missed something, but I am using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2 to generate Microsoft HTML Help.  When I Generate Primary Layout, everything works fine and I am able to View the Result, but it only has Contents and Search tabs, and there is no Index tab.  The "List Topics" button works fine, but I have lots of Index entries in my Help project and don't understand why they don't show.

Is this a limitation of (my version of) RoboHelp?  Of Microsoft HTML help?  I have only tried viewing the results on my computer (Windows XP SP3) - is the OS a limitation?  P.S. when I click on the Advanced... button from the Project Properties the Default Frame on the Index tab says "Default (none)" - that seems strange and I tried changing this to the other settings (New Window, Parent Frame, etc.) but that didn't seem to affect the results.

Thanks in advance for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aecspades and welcome to the RH community.

This could be because the index keywords have not be added to the project's index file. If you go into your project settings (File > Project Settings) you'll find an option there which I bet is set to add keywords to the topics. For the index tab to display you must have keywords added to the HHK file.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you must have it selected in the layout wizard.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!  I never would have figured that out (the help is very vague about what that setting does).  I did have to regenerate the Index, but that really wasn't a big deal.  Thanks so much for your help and for your extremely quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp