Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fetching process & task details assigned to a group

Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to integrate a workflow created with Adobe Process Manager with a web application developed in Java.

The workflow is designed in such a way the tasks first gets assigned to a group queue and users belonging to the group claim tasks and after performing the required operations, forward it to the next group queue.

The invocation of processes, claiming tasks & re-assigning it further are all planned to be performed with Adobe's Livecycle APIs available in Java.

Following is the problem that I'm currently faing:

After successfully creating a new instance of the process, performing a search on the available processes / tasks does not return the newly created process (as it is initally assigned to a group and not to the user who is performing the search operation - even with administrator).

In such a scenario, requesting guidance (using Java APIs) on how to fetch the details of the process & tasks related with the process that is assigned to a group please.

Expecting a favourable reply at the earliest pls (as it is really needed urgently)...Thanx.

4 Replies

Level 10

You have to remember you can only search on tasks that the user (used in the connection properties ) has initiated or participated in.

If you want to get around that, you can use the TaskSearch from the TaskManagerQueryService and use a TaskSearchFilter with the isAdminIgnoreAllAcls() set to true.

Jasmin

Level 1

Thanx for the prompt reply.

In my case, the process will first get assigned to a group queue instead of a particular user. Later on, when a user belonging to that group logs in, the user claims the task.

In such a scenario, wanted to know how can the logged-in user get to know the details of the task which he can calim by invoking TaskManager's claimTask() API.

Thanx.

Level 1

Managed to proceed further slightly...

As a next step, need an API to fetch the details of all users belonging to a group please. Tried looking @ the API quick start guides & other examples, but didn't manage to get it. Would be of great help if someone can share the API detail / example here.

Thanking you for your suggestions !!!