• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Creation

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a PDF file with CFHTTP (a third party tool is creating it) I need to know when the file which is located in the same folder is done creating. Normally it doesn't take but 3-4 seconds and then I use CFLOCATION is direct the user to the PDF file. Sometimes though it directs them before it is created fully.

Is there a way to tell when its created fully to then direct them with cflocation?

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to recommend for sure, but, in theory, FileExists() should fail until another app finish its work and close the file.
So, you can loop and wait until "file exists". You also could try CFFILE Action="read", if FileExists() doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2006 Apr 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You could use locks, thus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation