Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Training Mode and Click Boxes

Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I had this same issue in Cap 3 at one time. I did search. I must be missing something...

I set the default Training mode to create click boxes upon mouse clicks. I start recording, select Training mode, but no click boxes at all.

I'd prefer not to have to add these manually.

I had this working in Cap 3 but I don't see any diff setting.

Theories?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, Win XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

And is this happening in Captivate 4 or 5? Further to that, does it matter what you are recording when it happens? For example, I've seen reports where certain things aren't registered properly if recording a VM session. Things like that.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is Robo 5 recording a web app.

I tried to capture mouse clicks in MS Word with the same results - not happening consistently. Auto add of text boxes with click instructions also not happening.

I capture about 2 out of 5 clicks. So it seems to be working randomly. Usually the mouse click does not result in the camera capture sound confirmation. While all the screen refreshes are captured, only about 2 or 3 in 10 result in the camera click confirmation sound.

If I am configuring the capture incorrectly, it's a mystery to me. Feels a tad buggy.

I need to get a handle on this ASAP...

And while I'm venting, the help system displays a blank page half the time. I long for the days of a simple .chm file that got me what I need in a most straightforward fashion. I don't want to go online and search... grrrrrr....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I hate to sound dense here but...

JackAnz wrote:

Sorry, this is Robo 5 recording a web app...

Does this mean you are using RoboDemo version 5? That's an awfully old application!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh... Captivate 5.

The pgm has crashed twice on me now. I tried to delete config file but didn't seem to matter.

Last launch, I captured first screen only. I saw in support this is a known issue possibly related to not running in admin mode? Thisis an XP system; not sure if that matters for that particular issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I have this figured out.

When capturing screens, if I move the cursor while recording, it flashes for a second or two after it lands in the target area. At that time, I can click and capture the screen but the click box and instructional text are not added. If I wait until the cursor stabilizes, the click box and text are added as expected.

It's possibly a bug but may be my laptop. I'm using a laptop that may be on the low end of acceptable in terms of free disk space. On a more powerful machine, the flickering cursor might not be of a significant period. Captivate does notify me upon launch that I am low on disk space. Sadly, not much to do about that just right now. I'm at the wall.

I can work around this. Just have to slow down a tad.

Thanks goodness we are scheduled for new laptops soon. I'll try and update this thread after I get the new machine.

Else I am digging Cap 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Will it be possible for you to tell us your laptop's config....

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here you go:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
Activation Status Activation Pending (30 days remaining)
System Name XPLT12026
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Latitude D620
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1830 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A04, 8/28/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.15 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.33 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources