• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp chm file on Citrix

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chm file I created is part of the software application my company distributes and it works fine on local computers. The problem is that some of our clients are large organizations, spread out in many different states and they put our software application on a Citrix server. Individual computers access the application from the Citrix server; the application does not reside on their computers.

I know that chm file cannot be displayed from server but must be installed on individual computers.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone had any experience working with Citrix (in this case, Citrix 4.0) and chm files? Does anyone know a way to display the chm file from the Citrix server?

2. If this cannot be done, do you suggest using RoboHelp WebHelp and putting all the WebHelp source files on the server to be accessed by the local computers? I have published the help file as WebHelp and put in on our client website so this could be an option, I guess.

Your ideas are greatly appreciated.

Judy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judy.

I should start by saying I don't have any Citrix experience but a quick google search seems to confirm my suspicion that CHM files suffer from the same issue as when they are run on a network drive under Windows. I think you'll have to think of WebHelp output.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work in a Government environment so i know that Citrix is in the background, but is what we do is tell the customer to download the file like putting a link to a zip file, then once they save it to their computer they can open it up. Then on the other hand if you made it into Web Help you could host it and just provide them a link that might be easier to ensure it gets on the computer being sent out and would be easier to maintain and if any one emailed you about the help you could send a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp